Our kids are the most important members of our family.
It's our job as parents to raise them and prepare them for meeting the challenges of the world.
The challenge of raising healthy, well-adapted kids is harder now than it was for our parents.
There are more social pressures, larger problems, and a much different society than when we were growing up. Yet, human nature and children's physiological needs have not changed.
How can we as parents still meet the needs of our child in a society more difficult to traverse than ever?
On this week's podcast, we look at an article from The Military Wife And Mom and share our thoughts about the habits to raise healthy children.
Here Is What We Covered
- Why it's important to have boundaries with your kids and where some of our boundaries are with our children and why we chose them.
- The purpose and importance of routines, the benefit of teaching your child a routine and why schools like Montessori implement them really well.
- Why sleep is essential to a growing child. It's also marvelous to for adults!
- How and why emotional intelligence is necessary for a child's health and development.
- The need for human touch and connection.
- Why playing with our kids is a great idea, and how we like to do it.
- The importance of time spent outdoors.
- How to give your kids responsibility around the house.
- How to balance and manage screen time.
- Why we love to create experiences for our kids vs. giving them only material things.
- The power of joy and music.
- And anything else we like to do as parents that we believe is essential to our children's growth and development.
Stuff From This Episode
Thank you for joining the Drive to ONE MILLION People Worldwide Living Life By Design.
--- Jamie & Kreso
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.