Every once in a while, I read or hear quotes like the following:
"A bad day for your ego is a good day for your soul."
"When ego is lost, limit is lost. You become infinite, kind and beautiful."
I'm not sure if I'm reading or hearing this more often than before, or whether I'm more sensitive to it now than I was in the past, but either way I disagree wholly and entirely with such sentiments.
Your ego is you - the part of you that is unique and distinct from everyone else. The part that reasons, decides, chooses, loves, achieves and thinks. It's the best part of you and denying it - or worse - creating a systematic plan on how to 'conquer it' does not lead to good in your life.
I know this because for the first 20 years of my life I attempted to conquer my ego - it was not pretty and it led to a lot of pain, anxiety, and frustration. It wasn't until I started listening to that part of me that my life turned around dramatically.
The purpose of this podcast is to share my experience of how listening to my ego made my life better.
Here Is What We Covered
- Definitions of terms. I know this sounds incredibly boring but knowing precisely what's being talked about and what's not being talked about is the starting point to all knowledge. Is there a difference between ego, soul, consciousness, mind? Or, are all these the same thing?
- Is it a wise strategy is disown parts of yourself? Or, would it be better to accept all of your elements and then change those parts that are not serving your goals or purpose?
- Why your ego is not the enemy and why it's the potentially the source of the good in your life.
- The importance of independent thinking and why being able to think, judge and chose are vital to our human nature.
- Why it's essential to nurture and create a healthy ego and how to do that.
Stuff From This Episode
Thank you for joining the Drive to ONE MILLION People Worldwide Living Life By Design.
PS. Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a review. More people listening means more extraordinary lives! Thank you.